Friday, 01 Mar, 2024
  Dhaka
Friday, 01 Mar, 2024
The Daily Post
1 lakh 30 thousand people can go from Bangladesh

No restriction of age limit this time

Staff Reporter

No restriction of age limit this time

Minister of State for Religious Affairs Faridul Haque Khan said that the holy Hajj will start in full scale next year.  There is no restriction for those above 65 years of age.  1 lakh 30 thousand people from Bangladesh will be able to go for Hajj next year.
The state minister gave this information in response to a question during a meeting with the leaders of the newly-elected committee of the Religious Reporters Forum (RRF) at the Secretariat on Tuesday (October 4).
Due to the corona infection situation, very few people from Bangladesh were able to perform Hajj in the last Hajj.  In response to the question of how the next Hajj will be, the state minister said, "According to the unofficial talks we have had with the government of Saudi Arabia, according to what we know about them, this time Hajj may be complete, insha‍‍`Allah."  It may not be what we had last year.  This time maybe we will get as much as we can as a ratio.  And the 65-year restriction may not be the case this time either.  We have already made this known to them.  If this (not preventing those above 65 years of age from performing Hajj), then it will be easy to maintain our series.

The state minister said that last year 10,000 people (over 65 years of age) could not go for Hajj.  All of them have replaced 7 thousand out of this.  And the remaining 3,000 we were able to arrange for the one who left.  If this system is launched next year, we will not have a chance to save any contribution.  Then the entire serial has to be maintained.  That‍‍`s good for us.
Faridul Haque Khan said, maybe there is still a chance to go to Hajj next year.  Maybe after 10 days it won‍‍`t be there.  12 thousand has crossed.  Officially I can get maximum 15 thousand.

JH